IEER provides policy-makers, journalists, and the public with understandable and accurate scientific and technical information on energy and environmental issues. IEER’s aim is to bring scientific excellence to public policy issues in order to promote the democratization of science and a safer, healthier environment. IEER has also been featured on local and national radio and television broadcasts to discuss similar topics.
Learn more about IEER’s history, background and accomplishments, and find a listing of IEER program staff.
Please call (301) 270-5500 or send an email request to if you would like to schedule an interview.
- This Changes Everything: free showing (Friday, February 26) of film by Naomi Klein & panel discussion to follow: February, 2016
- U.S. NGOs Urge Prompt Action to Make Nuclear Disarmament a Global Enterprise (Press Release): December, 2014
- Traveling Wave Reactors: Sodium-cooled Gold at the End of a Nuclear Rainbow?: September, 2013
- Light Water Designs of Small Modular Reactors: Facts and Analysis: August, 2013
- Groups Rebut the Waste Storage Claims of Nuclear Industry: January, 2013
- NRC rushing through waste confidence process (press release and official comments): January, 2013
- Groups: Japanese Report on Fukushima Reactor Disaster is “Real Wake Up” Call For Sleeping U.S. Regulators: July, 2012
- Thorium (Th): BBC interviews scientists on thorium, including IEER’s Arjun Makhijani (2016): September, 2016
- California Nukes To Shut Down; New York Nukes Troubled: Living on Earth interview with Arjun Makhijani: July, 2016
- Nuclear Security Summit 2016: KPFA interview with Arjun Makhijani: April, 2016
- Radioactive Waste Still Leaking Five Years After Fukushima Nuclear Disaster (The Real News Network interview with Arjun Makhijani): March, 2016
- More Nuclear Power Plants Shutting Down (Living on Earth interview with Arjun Makhijani): November, 2015
- A carbon-free and nuclear-free New York? (WCNY Radio): February, 2014
- Removing fuel rods from Fukushima Unit 4 (Up Front interview with Arjun Makhijani): October, 2013