Below is a collection of interviews with Arjun Makhijani and articles written in 2008 inspired by the release of Carbon-Free Nuclear-Free: A Roadmap for U.S. Energy Policy.
Most of these resources are located on other websites and we are in the process of updating out of date and broken links. Please continue to check back for updates or send us an email () if you have more up to date links.
- Political Chowder: TV interview: Arjun Makhijani with Arnie Arnesen, the host, in New Hampshire. See the last 15 minutes (June 1, 2008)
- Video: Arjun Makhijani’s Talk at Seattle Town Hall, on April 15, 2008, sponsored by Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility and the Washington State Department of Ecology. Broadcast by Pirate TV on April 21. Read the comments of the producer, Ed Mays
- TV interview: Arjun Makhijani with host, David Kraft, Director of the Nuclear Energy Information Service (NEIS). First broadcast by Chicago’s CAN-TV in November 2007. Read NEIS’s introduction
- Audio: Carbon-Free and Nuclear-Free, a talk given by Arjun Makhijani at the City Club of Boise Forum (November 19, 2008). Forum Chair: Geoff Baker, Forum moderator: Marcia Franklin
- Radio: Tougher Regional Energy Efficiency Goals Proposed: Would save money, reduce the need for more CPS Energy capacity, by Jim Forsyth, News Radio 1200 WOAI San Antonio Texas, (August 11, 2008)
- Radio: Action Point with Cynthia Black on 1480 KPHX (Phoenix) radio broadcast, with Arjun Makhijani (May 18, 2008)
- Radio broadcast of a talk by Arjun Makhijani, given at the University of Maine, Orono, on November 8, 2007, and broadcast by WERU 89.9 FM Blue Hill, Maine, on January 1, 2008, with an introduction by Eric T. Olson.
- Nuclear isn’t necessary, by Arjun Makhijani, Nature Reports Climate Change, v.2, pp.132-134(October 2008)
- “Efficiency, renewable energy are much cheaper than nukes”, by Carlos Guerra, Columnist, San Antonio Express-News, (August 12, 2008)
- “Energy-efficiency research offers alternative to CPS nuke plant plans”, by Anton Caputo, San Antonio Express-News, (August 12, 2008)
- Reader’s Digest quotes Arjun, and others, in “Quick Study: The Facts on Nuclear Energy,” by Lisa Goff, see page 2 of 3. (August 2008)
- Joy Franklin interviews Arjun Makhijani, based on a talk given by Arjun in Asheville, North Carolina, and his meeting at the Citizen-Times (early June 2008)
- Dallas Morning News: Nuclear is Not the Right Alternative Energy Source, by Arjun Makhijani, (February 26, 2008)
- Victoria Advocate (Texas): Choose other renewable sources, by Arjun Makhijani, (February 24, 2008)
- Deseret News (Utah): Nuclear power, not renewable energy, is risky course for U.S., by Arjun Makhijani (February 10, 2008)