The BEIR VII committee (Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiation) of the National Academy of Sciences is re-assessing the human health risks of exposure to ionizing radiation. Its work is likely to influence radiation standard setting processes, both for public and worker health protection. IEER has corresponded with the committee, verbally at public meetings and also in writing.
Download the IEER Press Release: Cancer Risks for Women and Children Due to Radiation Exposure Far Higher Than for Men | IEER Presentation on the BEIR VII Report | Full Report (via the NAS Website)
IEER Correspondence with the BEIR VII Committee
- May 2003 IEER Letter to the BEIR VII Committee
- December 2000 IEER Letter to the BEIR VII Committee
- June 2000 IEER Letter to the BEIR VII Committee
- February 2000 IEER Letter to the BEIR VII Committee
- September 1999 Sign-On Letter to the BEIR VII Committee (133 signatories from 13 countries)