IEER provides policy-makers, journalists, and the public with understandable and accurate scientific and technical information on energy and environmental issues. IEER’s aim is to bring scientific excellence to public policy issues in order to promote the democratization of science and a safer, healthier environment. IEER has also been featured on local and national radio and television broadcasts to discuss similar topics.
Learn more about IEER’s history, background and accomplishments, and find a listing of IEER program staff.
Please call (301) 270-5500 or send an email request to if you would like to schedule an interview.
- Radiation and Gender: One Basis for New Nuclear Weapons Treaty (NIRS & IEER Statement): May, 2017
- This Changes Everything: free showing (Friday, February 26) of film by Naomi Klein & panel discussion to follow: February, 2016
- U.S. NGOs Urge Prompt Action to Make Nuclear Disarmament a Global Enterprise (Press Release): December, 2014
- Traveling Wave Reactors: Sodium-cooled Gold at the End of a Nuclear Rainbow?: September, 2013
- Light Water Designs of Small Modular Reactors: Facts and Analysis: August, 2013
- Groups Rebut the Waste Storage Claims of Nuclear Industry: January, 2013
- NRC rushing through waste confidence process (press release and official comments): January, 2013
- Can Maryland reach 100% renewable energy by 2035? (The Real News Network, March 7, 2018): March, 2018
- Trump nominee acknowledges role in under reporting radiation in drinking water (Scripps News story by Mark Greenblatt): January, 2018
- Nuclear Energy Post Fukushima: BBC interviews Arjun Makhijani and Jonathan Cobb: December, 2017
- July 4th and July 14th: The story of two revolutions (Conversations on Money, Politics and Science series): August, 2017
- The Trinity Test (Conversations on Money, Politics and Science series): August, 2017
- United Nations conference to negotiate a legally binding instrument to prohibit nuclear weapons, leading towards their total elimination: (Conversations on Money, Politics and Science series): June, 2017
- The US Withdrawal from the Paris Climate Deal: (Conversations on Money, Politics and Science series): June, 2017